Hello, my darlings! Some days you got to celebrate, and the party is today because Serendipitous Anachronisms won a Sunshine Blogger Award from Thoughts All Sorts.
I cannot tell you how flattered I am. If you are not following Thoughts All Sorts, this blog offer perspectives on cinema, books, and music, three of life’s greatest pleasures, no?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer award distributed amongst bloggers, very similar to a Liebster. I find it incredibly flattering to be awarded by a fellow blogger because they understand the work that goes into a blog.
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they set you
- Pick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)
- Set them 11 questions
So here we go!
Q1: If you could somehow transport yourself into a movie and be a character, who would you be?
A1: I would like to be in any old Hollywood musical, but I would still want to be cool, I would love to be Ann-Margret in Viva Las Vegas.
Q2: A good book and a good movie are lovingly waiting for you at the same time. Do you read or watch a movie?
A2: I think my money is evenly spread between books and DVDs, so it depends on my mood, I don’t think I can pick here.
Q3: Do you find yourself quoting movies (or books) or singing lines of songs to colleagues (or friends) when an opportune moment presents itself in a conversation or situation?
A3: Oh we are supposed to wait for an opportune moment? I do this constantly! I sing and dance, a lot.
Q4: Night owl or Early bird?
A4: Both, late afternoon is my slump time.
Q5: Which movie from your childhood will you always have a soft spot for even if it isn’t as great as you remember it?
A5: At the risk of offending many, I am going to say all phases of “Star Wars.” I still love “Star Wars,” but I just don’t think those films are as great as I did as a kid.
Q6: What languages do you speak?
A6: A little Spanish, a little German, a little French, a little Latin. I would love to learn Tolkien’s Elvish languages, but that would be even less useful than my Latin.
Q7: What is your perfect holiday destination?
A7: Anywhere with lots of culture and lots of shopping.
Q8: Have you ever met anyone famous?
A8: I have met a lot of famous people, but the highlight of my childhood was meeting the New Kids on the Block. They aren’t necessarily the most famous people I have met, but I was pretty obsessed with them as a kid. I am pretty certain I can still do all their choreography too.
Q9: Vampire or Werewolves?
A9: I like both, but I will probably go with Vampires because Vampires are better looking.
Okay, nevermind, Vampires aren’t attractive, but they seem cooler, than werewolves. I am really into Southern Gothic Architecture, Vampires suit that landscape better.
Q10: What is your guilty pleasure (book, movie, or series)?
A10: Here is something I rarely admit, I secretly love reality tv; I recently started this horrible reality show called “90 Day Fiance” which follows international couples who have met online. The overseas fiance come to the U.S. to meet their intended on a 90-day visa, during this time they have to get married or get deported. The show is horrible, like a car wreck, but I cannot look away. I am also a huge fan of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” this show combines costume construction, talent, lip-sync, make-up, and beauty! I also like “The Real Housewives of Orange County,” my favorite on that show is Heather Dubrow, she is so classy compared to all the other ladies.
Q11: If you could transport yourself back in time to live in another era/age, which would it be?
A11: I must have access to equal rights, plumbing, and refrigeration, which limits things, but if I could be fabulously wealthy I would love to love in Edwardian or Elizabethan England or France during the age of enlightenment. Of course, these choices are all motivated by fashion.
Now it’s time to “Spread a Little Sunshine*; my honorees are bloggers who I subscribe to and bloggers who make my inbox a little brighter. *That was a “Pippin” reference, points to anyone who knows that song.
- Michaela of Love Letters to Old Hollywood
- Crystal of In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood
- Geoff of The Telltale Mind
- Spinenumbered of Make Mine Criterion!
- Jay from Assholes Watching Movies
- Gary from Cracked Rear Viewer
- Table 9 Mutant from Cinema Parrot Disco
- Jaina from Recap Retro
- Emily from The Vintage Cameo
- Molly from Dreaming in the Balcony
- Film Score Hunter from The Cinematic Frontier
I realize accepting this award is time-consuming, so I won’t be offended if you do not spread the sunshine onward.
Meanwhile here are your 11 questions, should you choose to accept the fabulous award.
- Are there any films that you adore that you do not blog about because they do not fit the focus of your blog?
- If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why?
- Are you currently reading anything?
- Do you have creative outlets other than blogging?
- Do you prefer fruity treats or chocolatey treats?
- What is the one seriously underrated film you wish everyone would watch?
- Coffee or tea?
- How did you settle on your blog name?
- If you could have any superpower or magical ability, what would it be?
- Who do you think has the best speaking voice in Hollywood?
- If your home had to be decorated to fit in the world of a specific film, which film would dress your living space?
Finally, there are many badges out there for the Sunshine Blogger Award, I made a custom classic horror movie badge in Wes Anderson fonts and colors for movie bloggers, you are free to use it, find another online, or create your own!
Ciao for now, dearies!