Hello, my darlings! It is time to party; I received a Liebster from MIB’s Instant Headache. I cannot tell you how flattered I am. If you are not following MIB’s Instant Headache, his blog covers anime, WWE, and films, how fun is that?
The Liebster Award is peer award distributed amongst bloggers. Peer awards are great because your fellow bloggers realize exactly how much effort it takes to maintain a blog, and applaud your continued work.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions they set you
- Pick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)
- Set them 11 questions
So here we go!
11 Liebster Facts: Serendipitous Anachronisms is usually a kitschy and classic movie blog, but I will use the Liebster Award as an opportunity to share some unusual facts.
- I am an avid reader; I am currently reading a book called “Maps of Time” by David Christian, the best way I could describe this book is macro history, it looks at the history of the planet earth from the big bang to the present. I prefer micro-history, but this book is fascinating so far.
- My favorite flavor is usually citrus, except for gummi bears, my favorite gummi bear is the clear pineapple one.
- I love fine art and cartoons equally.
- In addition to writing, I love performing, playing guitar, singing, dancing, sewing, and crocheting. My next two projects are a Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf and a Mary Poppins scarf.
5. Apparently, I like quirky Brits in scarves.
6. The other day I opened my front door, and the squirrel that lives in my magnolia tree screamed at me, I guess I startled him. Then I screamed because he startled me, and we were both screaming for a good 30 seconds at 6 a.m. I am sure my neighbors loved that. Normally the squirrel and I are cool, not sure why we were both so jumpy that day.
7. I bought that super cool deep blue lipstick that everyone keeps pinning on Pinterest, but no one wears IRL. Now I know why. It looks terrible on me. Do not buy it.
8. In college, I majored in Biology before switching to Theatre Arts.
9. My favorite holiday is Halloween.
10. My nails are currently gray with yellow polka dots. Okay, that is scraping the barrel.
11. I love to bake but never have the time. I really need to prioritize my life.
11 Liebster Questions – these are the questions my nominator asked me to share.
Q1: If you could direct a film and cast any actor or actress, living or dead, who would it be?
A1: Gosh, that is a hard question, there are many actors I would love to direct. I will keep my list short and pick a few contemporary stars: John Lithgow, Cate Blanchett, William H. Macy, and Kevin Spacey. Not sure what we are making but I know it would be amazing.
Q2: Which superhero did you want to be as a kid?
A2: Why is there an age limit here? I still want to be Wonder Woman, but not any Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman.
Q3: Do you believe in God?
A3: The quick answer is yes, but we try to keep things relatively secular here at Serendipitous Anachronisms, so moving on to the next question.
Q4: Should man-buns/topknots be banned (except for Samurai of course)?
A4: Depends on the guy…
Q5: Have you ever joined or set foot in a gym?
A5: Not only join, but I also teach dance there, too, occasionally.
Q6: What was your favorite childhood toy?
A6: Gosh, too many stuffed animals, my Barbie dream house was fantastic!
Q7: Do you currently have or have you ever had a pet?
A7: I would love to, but I am not home enough.
Q8: And if so, what is/was it?
A8: I had a white rabbit and a black cat at separate times when I was little, the rabbit I had to give away when we moved to the U.S. I got the cat when we first moved to the U.S., but the cat ran away. 😦
Q9: Can you recall the first film you ever saw at the cinema?
A9: No, but the last film I saw was “Love and Friendship” the costumes were gorgeous.
Q10: What was the best music concert you ever attended?
A10: Brooks and Dunn toured with Sugarland, that was a pretty amazing tour.
Q11: Is there a particular word you have trouble pronouncing?
A11: I have a touch of sibalance, so my S’s are hissy.
Normally these awards are distributed amongst blogs you follow, I am shaking things up. There is an abundance of Liebster Awards going around the classic movie blogosphere, so I am taking a different approach and finding 11 blogs I have never seen before, that are outside my small classic movie circle but show great promise to be continually interesting:
- Hawaii Mom Blog this blog has some pretty killer looking baked goods and noodles.
- Blogtor Who weeeeee raging fans of the Doctor unite!
- Dominique Major makes totally cute girly floral dresses.
- The Vintage Dressmaker makes darling early 20th-century dresses.
- Mailbox Mermaid has a passion for pastel colors, fairytales, and retro magical realism.
- A Year in Disney Movies need I say more? I am surprised I have not found this one yet.
- Puccini’s Chronicles opera, cinema, and live theater (woo-hoo).
- Meddling Medlars share Elizabethan, Tudor, and Medieval recipes, how cool is that?
- Monica’s Spice Diary Indian recipes and baked goods, yum.
- Ninja Toes does some pretty intricate paper crafting and offers patterns you can download and try yourself.
- In Search of the Classic Mystery reviews classic detective fiction, this looks like a great place when you need a good read.
Hopefully, this will inspire some of my readers to go forth and try some of the blogs mentioned above, or find something new that sparks a new interest.
There are many Liebster award badges available online, you are welcome to select one of the existing badges online or create your own.
Ciao for now, dearies!